Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Aaaaah, and the Washington Post

I found out today that Sunday's Washington Post had a very nice "Book of the Week" review of Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things. Well, wa-hoo! I also got a really nice compliment from my truly excellent sister-in-law about Wild Things. (This woman really is the best. Always supportive and complimentary, smart-smart-smart, and thoughtful. Example: She gave me a bracelet and two silver charms when Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief came out, and has bought 2 more charms for every Sammy book since then. I guess she didn't know what she was getting into. Ha! I'm gonna have to convert to a necklace by the time I get to book 20.) Anyway, she read Wild Things and told me that she thinks it's now her favorite Sammy. (Either Sisters of Mercy (#3) or Skeleton Man (#2) was her all-time favorite before, so bumping an early title so late in the series is in itself quite a compliment.) But it was the way she described how I'd wrapped everything up at the end of the story that really made me feel good. I personally love books where all the little things tie together at the end, but doing it takes a lot of planning and plotting and balancing. Authors work really hard at weaving their threads and getting the details just right, so when somebody notices and really enjoys it, it makes you go Aaaaah inside. Aaaaah.

1 comment:

TheeFancyBuster said...

When I found that Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things came out, the first thing I did was go to Barnes and Noble. When I found out they didn't have it there I was so angry. My mom ordered it online and when I got it, it took me 3 hours to read it, I totally enjoyed it. There wasn't one thing I would of changed. It's my new favorite Sammy Keyes book. I can't wait till Sammy Keyes and the Cold Hard Cash.
SMPM