Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's "The Big Idea"?

Yay! A day that went as scheduled. Two school visits and an evening book signing. I'm beat. But happy! Any of you who are writers, or want to be writers, may already know about John Scalzi's blog. If not let me introduce you to it by linking you to my guest post on The Big Idea which is basically his "column" where authors tell the story behind the story they've written. The posts can be very interesting and it gives an insight into the minds of writers. It's not a forum to "sell" your book--it's a place where you share your inspiration and process. Early day tomorrow, so I'm calling it a night. Thanks for checking in!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that your day went as planned! :D I was worrying about you being stuck in all that ice in Atlanta! And on a random note, I bought another copy of Flipped as a Christmas gift to my best friend's little sister-and she absolutely LOVED it. And because she loved it so much, my friend (18yo guy) read it, and he loved it too! It made me really happy that I was able to share the joy that your book brought me with them, and I just thought you might like to know :). I also got the movie-tie-in-edition of the book, and I love all the pictures and everything! :D. Anyway, I hope that the rest of your visits go as planned ^_^!

strugglingwriter said...

I've read many of the Big Idea posts. Yours was a very good one and quite interesting.

Damien said...

Hi my name is Austin. I am from one of the schools that you went to.(washington academy) I have read some sammy keys and flipped. It was a great pleasure to see you in our area. Have a great day
-austin

JenPB said...

No, I didn't know about the Scalzi blog. Thanks for posting the link here, Wendelin! Happy touring! :)

Ashlee said...

Beautifully said Wendelin. I love the guest blog entry. My book just arrived a couple of days ago. I can't wait until I get caught up on homework so I can enjoy it :)