For example, imagine walking into a bookstore and seeing this display. The closer you look, the more detail you see--they've even identified the various awards the books have received--talk about doing your homework! And the header is so cute!
A display like that just puts you in a good mood. And then the people arrive.
Best of the best:: meeting Sammiacs.
I'm not sure if it's cool to identify them, so I will leave that to them in the comments. But nothing makes me happier than meeting y'all in person.
Other happy moments:
- Having reunions with booksellers who have been hand-selling Sammy Keyes books since Hotel Thief.
- Having some of my former students show up with their children. Wow.
- Having family travel distance and converge to see the "he said, she said" thing -- like they haven't seen enough "he said, she said" at Thanksgivings? Pass the gravy!
- Having long-time friends do the same.
- Booking people!
- Signing a Sammiac's first pair of Converse. She got them in 7th grade. She's now 23. They were spray-painted, too!
- Receiving a box of "Kiss Goodbye" t-shirts from a librarian. Hello? Or, really, holy smokes! They are awesome! (And I will give a few away as prizes at the Sammy Keyes Goodbye party in Puyallup.)