Actually, there were 5 recipients instead of 3 because there were WAY more applicants than I'd expected, and Random House kindly upped the ARCs to 5.
Not that this makes the rest of you feel any better. (I'm sorry!)
In case you're curious, the answers I was looking for are:
1) (Hotel Thief): After Sammy spotted the thief in the Heavenly Hotel, what action of hers started the turmoil? She waved.
2) (Skeleton Man): Why did Sammy go into the Bush House on Halloween? (INto, not UP to.) The reason was the fire.
3) (Sisters of Mercy): What clue did Gregory give Sammy? The cold carrot
4) (Runaway Elf): Where did Elyssa keep ‘disappearing’ to? The cemetery
5) (Curse of Moustache Mary): What was Lucinda Huntley’s pet? (Penny the) pig
6) (Hollywood Mummy): Name as many “mummies” as you can! Inga, Claire, Lana -- some of you went wild with this, which was cool. But because it was a confusing question to many of you, I gave a lot of leeway with answers. Lana was a play on the British mommy.
7) (Search for Snake Eyes): What is the William Rose Junior High mascot? Bullfrog
8) (Art of Deception): What kind of fair do Sammy and friends meet up at? Renaissance Faire
9) (Psycho Kitty Queen): Who has the same birthday as Sammy? Heather
10) (Dead Giveaway): Sammy and friends go to the end of the year dance dressed as what?Pirates
11) (Wild Things): In the beginning of the book, Sammy has no idea why anyone would bother to save this animal from extinction. Condor
12) (Cold Hard Cash): At the pool party, who has the same swim suit as Marissa? Heather
BONUS:13) (Wedding Crasher): What color are the bridesmaid dresses? Lavender
14) Sammy Keyes Song: “Officer Borsch acts like his squad car’s a Porsche and thinks that all kids are delinquent juveniles...”
By the way, I was very impressed with how many of you got them all right, and laughed out loud at some of the answer add-ons -- like Oinkers in Love! and Heather, of course! or That nasty witch Heather!
Also, it was interesting to me to learn how far away from each other you "Sammiacs" live. There were people from Switzerland, Korea, and South Africa who couldn't participate (I'm sorry!), and those who did send in answers live all over the USA. Because we meet here I think of you as being in the same vicinity. Like, we all hang out in Sammyville, or something. But you're everywhere!
Coincidentally I had to go through the final (?) rewrite (the re-copy-edited version) for Wedding Crasher last week, and those of you receiving ARCs will find the differences between the ARC and the final book very interesting. One suggested change cascades into the need to make other changes. Even in this late state of the process, I wound up changing a name (because of a change in nickname at an earlier go-round). There are more subtle differences too, and for those of you interested in the fine-tuning process of novel writing, you'll be fascinated to compare the differences.
One last thing: Those of you receiving ARCs, PLEASE don't spill too much about the book. I know that will be hard, but I really don't want to wreck the ending for those who can't get the book until October.
Thanks again to everyone!